A truce called by the government to mark the Easter holiday was shredded early Sunday by a gunfight that left at least one dead and three wounded at a checkpoint occupied by pro-Russia militia outside a breakaway city in eastern Ukraine.
Today - World
I need to run. The messages started arriving just hours after the bombings, pleading for an entry into the 2014 Boston Marathon.
Today - U.S.
Just Do It has been a familiar Nike slogan for years, but some parents are wondering what it was doing on some of New Yorks Common Core standardized English tests.
Today - U.S.
- Obama vows to renew ‘rebalance’ effort in Asia
President Barack Obama departs Tuesday for a weeklong, four-nation tour of Asia, where he and his top aides will be less focused on any big policy announcements than on reassuring jittery allies that America remains committed to bolstering its security and economic ties to the region.Today - World
- Myanmar journalist Win Tin dies at 85
Win Tin, a prominent journalist who became Myanmars longest-serving political prisoner after challenging military rule by co-founding the National League for Democracy, died today. He was 85.Today - World
- Postal Service overhaul remains tenuous as Rep. Issa considers plans for new bill
Rep. Darrell Issa may introduce a U.S. Postal Service overhaul bill next week that more closely tracks with a White House plan, a move that the California Republican hopes will help rally more Democrats, congressional aides say.Today - U.S.
- GOP campaign committee has $31M to hold HouseToday - US-World politics
- Public smoke-out marks pot holiday in ColoradoToday - U.S.
- Malaysia, Flight 370 relatives talk financial helpToday - World
- Japan PM sends offering to war shrineToday - World
- Apps for parents curb distracted teen driversToday - Science & Tech
- Deaths fuel edible-pot fearsToday - News
- WEATHER JOURNALToday - Weather
- LotteriesToday - News
- Accused art scammer nabbed in SpainToday - News
- Study finds codeine given to kids in ERToday - News
- Justice flows unevenly in the West BankToday - World
- Study: Corn fuels no better than gasToday - U.S.
- This week in the Civil WarToday - U.S.
- Wrongfully convicted fighter Carter, 76, diesToday - U.S.
- Party lines split by frackingToday - US-World politics