Doctors who survived Ebola in Nigeria credited heavy doses of fluids with saving their lives as the World Health Organization declared the country Ebola-free Monday, a rare victory in the battle against the disease that is ravaging West Africa.
Monday - World
A man charged with the abduction of a University of Virginia student has been indicted in suburban Washington, D.C., with a 2005 rape, abduction and attempted capital murder.
Monday - U.S.
Earth is on pace to tie or even break the mark for the hottest year on record, federal meteorologists say.
Monday - Science & Tech
- Ebola fear, monitoring eases for some in Dallas
DALLAS (AP) — The people closest to Ebola victim Thomas Eric Duncan are trying to resume their lives now that they have come out of a 21-day incubation period without developing symptoms of the disease.Monday - U.S.
- EPA awards $8.6 million to reduce Lake Erie algae
Three states are receiving a combined $8.6 million in federal grants for programs aimed at reducing phosphorus runoff that causes harmful algae blooms in western Lake Erie, which led officials to order about 400,000 people not to drink tap water for two days in August.Monday - U.S.
- Not so fast cordcutters - cable's not going anywhere
Cord cutters rejoiced last week after HBO and CBS announced plans to sell stand-alone streaming services, a move that cable and satellite television providers have resisted for years.Monday - Science & Tech
- GOP’s 2016 front-runner not runningMonday - US-World politics
- Oscar Pistorius to finally learn his sentenceMonday - World
- Sexual violence probe growsMonday - U.S.
- Students clean up mayhemMonday - U.S.
- Africa's image takes a hit, thanks to EbolaMonday - World
- Obama champions DemocratsMonday - US-World politics
- Hawaii’s hurricane fears dry upMonday - U.S.
- Pope beatifies Paul VI as synod on family endsMonday - World
- UN: Iraq executed 60 peopleMonday - News
- US drops arms to aid Kurds’ defenseMonday - World
- Philippine slaying angers critics of US tiesMonday - World
- UN experts to discuss Detroit water shutoffs Monday - U.S.
- WEATHER JOURNALMonday - Weather
- this week in the civil warMonday - U.S.
- LotteriesMonday - News