FERGUSON, Mo. – Protesters returned to the riot-scarred streets of Ferguson on Tuesday, a day after crowds looted businesses and set fire to buildings in a night of rage against a grand jury’s decision not to indict the white police officer who killed Michael Brown.
Today - U.S.
National Guard reinforcements helped contain the latest protests in Ferguson, preventing a second night of the chaos that led to arson and looting after a grand jury decided not to indict the white police officer who killed Michael Brown.
Today 2:19 pm - U.S.
The Obama administration will promote health insurance coverage at shopping malls starting on Black Friday and continuing through the busiest shopping days of the holiday season, officials announced Wednesday.
Today 2:15 pm - Health
- Brown's mother: Ferguson decision 'heartbreaking'
Michael Brown's mother says it has been a "sleepless, very hard, heartbreaking and unbelievable" time for her since the announcement that a grand jury didn't indict Ferguson police Officer Darren Wilson for killing her son.Today 11:54 am - U.S.
- Ferguson officer says he never wanted to kill
Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson says he "never wanted to take anybody's life" and feels sorry about the death of Michael Brown.Today 11:44 am - U.S.
- Passengers in Russia's Arctic give airliner a push
In other countries, you may be asked to give a push to a car stuck in the mud. In Russia, passengers in the Arctic came out of an airliner to the bitter cold to help it move to the runway.Today 10:26 am - World
- Storm disrupts holiday travelToday - News
- Eyeing 2016, Clinton selective on policy issues Today 5:40 am - US-World politics
- Black Friday gun buys test background check system Today 4:57 am - U.S.
- Arkansas, Mississippi gay marriage bans overturnedToday - U.S.
- Domestic violence in NYC reflects the worldToday - U.S.
- WEATHER JOURNALToday - Weather
- LotteriesToday - News
- Thanksgiving trumps Black Friday for dealsTuesday - U.S.
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight protestsTuesday - U.S.
- Rain, snow to challenge eastern holiday travelersTuesday - U.S.
- Brown family blasts prosecutor's handling of caseTuesday - U.S.
- Thanksgiving travel woes? There's an app for thatTuesday - Science & Tech
- Protests rock FergusonTuesday - U.S.
- Hagel's ouster laid on ObamaTuesday - US-World politics
- Iran leader: West fails to bring Iran to its kneesTuesday - World